Friday, May 6, 2011

Psycho Hose Beast

Up until tonight, I've really enjoyed twitter.  I've met some inspiring people, some very witty people (you try being funny in less than 140 characters) and of course little old me has some mindblowing followers like The Hoff and eternal hottie Jamie Durie.

However, about an hour ago, an in-joke fell on drunken ears, and this girl I'd never even heard of tweeted me with "DEAL WITH IT BITCH" when I teased a mutual friend about two-timing.  I was gobsmacked.  It was the first time I'd ever encountered such hostility on twitter.

On the upside (you've always gotta find an upside, right?), I now know first hand that twitter, just like real life, has its fair share of psycho hose beasts (ie: she's mental and she sucks). 

I'm reasonably resilient when it comes to being put through the wringer (decades of experience will do that to a person), so I'm over that tweet.  Whatever, PHB, whatever.

However, it does bring up my inability to think of a quick reply in real life.  With humour, yes...no probs (especially after ten pints of Speights).  Following an insult, not at all.  I must work on that. 

I never have a speedy reply for an insult, mostly because I am often speechless when people are directly cruel to others.  Its almost beyond my comprehension.  The world is such a better place when we all get along.

Uh oh, if I keep blogging, I could quite possibly break into a folk song.  Cue end of blog, I think. 

So to wrap this all up, I believe I am thankful that a psycho hose beast has reminded me in a timely manner that there are all types on twitter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment