Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Diana

Fourteen years has now passed since my beloved Princess Diana passed away in Paris. Her death was the first 'celebrity' death that knocked me for a six. I was devastated. I was completely heartbroken. And, I was truly shocked at the level of my grief for an amazing woman I'd never met or even seen in real life.

Diana changed the British monarchy for the better. Out went the stiff upper lip, the haughtiness, the lack of real human connection. In came fun, laughter and style.

Her portrait is amongst my favourite belongings on my piano <3

There are so many things I'd like to say, but once again I'm blogging from my iPhone (which is a total test of perserverance). Instead, I'll leave it at this:

Diana, you were known as "The People's Princess". To me, you were a fairytale princess who became the most beautiful shining star in heaven.

Rest in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment