Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Some words just plain suck

Want to wind me up?  Use one of the following words or phrases:
  • Amazeballs
  • Awesomesauce
  • Much
  • My Bad
  • Nom
  • Not 
  • Shitballs
I’d never seen “awesomesauce” or “amazeballs” before joining twitter.  The only prefixes that should be attached to the word “balls” should be sports related – soccer, rugby and so on.


Sentences that end in "much" or "not" show a complete lack of ability to write humorously.  Sarcasm isn’t even a tiny bit funny. It’s pathetic, weak and totally unoriginal.   Where the hell did “much” come from anyway?  “Not” was bad enough. 

By the way, have you ever thought about the word much – how it sounds, how it feels to say it? Much is actually a ghastly sounding word. Even the f-word isn’t as hideous to say or hear as much. Much is so fleshy and salivary to pronounce. In fact, it’s down right creepy. Much. Much. Much.

As for “my bad”...that drives me INSANE.  My bad is an appalling phrase that needs to be given the old heave-ho. Shame on all the script writers who have included it in their scripts. Shame on you.  Bad script writers. Go to the naughty corner.  Hearing it spoken on television and in movies just increases the desire of the masses to use it more.  Then, the more I hear it, the more I want to hunt down the little idiot who coined the phrase in the first place and string him up by his goolies.

But the one that grates on my nerves more than any of the others is “nom”.  Adults using “nom” to describe something appetising or to inform others that they’re masticating while tweeting is horrific.

Nom. What the hell are you? Three?  I feel embarrassed whenever I see it. Seriously embarrassed.  Surely rattling around in your vocabulary somewhere is a word better than nom. Look for it.

I was going to sign off with something witty that used all the words and phrases initially listed, but just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment