Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Meow...woof!

I had an absolute BRAINWAVE last night, and decided to blog the idea so it would be time-stamped for eternity.  As long as I get the credit for this idea, I'm happy for someone else to turn it into reality (and give me a freebie).

Firstly we have to go back in time to 1pm on the 14th June 2003.  I was innocently walking through the cattery at the Waikato SPCA, minding my own business. As I peered into a cage I'd looked in the week previously, the occupant looked up at me with two HUGE eyes, one blue and one yellow.  The week before the occupant had been curled up in a muddy ball fast asleep.

As our eyes made contact he said "Maah!".  I glanced at his information sheet.  It basically said something along the lines of "single white male".  I wasn't interested.  In my mind's eye, I wanted a grey, shorthaired female cat who I could name Roberta aka Bobcat or Bob for short.

Here was an extraordinarily fluffy white male with unmatching eyes, a pink nose and a caramel coloured chin.  The fluff was endless...fluff from here to kingdom come.

I walked on down the corridor and the single white male called out after me "Maah. Maah.  Waaah aaah maah" or something to that effect.  I turned back and asked him if the SPCA had reinstalled his voice-box. He kept gazing at me and "maah maah aaah waaah"ing. 

The attendant said "I think he likes you, how about I let him out for a walk around".  Before I could say a thing, she'd unlocked the padlock and he stepped out in all his fluffy glory and started (I kid you not) catwalking up and down the corridor, waggling* his tail.


Eight years later and this blue-eyed fluff ball is without doubt the love of my life.  We're addicted to eachother, so much so that my sister worries for the two of us.  He makes me laugh and laugh...he has such a funny little sense of humour. And yes, he still talks the legs off an iron pot.

But I digress.  The brainwave, wtf is the brainwave I hear you ask?  This:

Someone should set up a business whereby people who didn't get their pets as juveniles can send in a photo and in turn photos of their pets as kittens or puppies can be generated.  Kind of like a Benjamin Button photographic process for pet lovers.

I think my blue-eyed fluffy darling would have been the cutest thing ever as a kitten.  He was approximately 18 months old when he moved in. Whoever abandoned him in the first place should be ashamed, but without that occurring, he and I would never have met. 

Anyway, I'd love to have an image of what he may have looked like as a kitten.  Someone, make it happen.  With the right marketing, you'd be sitting on a goldmine.

*Waggling - its hard to explain how he does it, but think of him forming a question mark with his fluffy tail then immediately reversing the question mark, and so on and so forth, repeatedly.
* * * * * * * * * * *

Postscript: A friend on twitter tweeted me this image. Awwww! Thank you so much Martin, it made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment