Friday, December 30, 2011

See ya 2011, wouldn't wanna be ya.

We're on the verge of kissing goodbye 2011. And when I say "kissing", I actually mean decking it.  This is has been a pretty sucky year, especially for the Cantabrians in New Zealand.  Mother Nature needs to get over herself. And soon.

As always, the end of the year provides an opportunity to reflect, reiminisce and decide what changes to make when moving forward into the next year.

I've always been pretty good at keeping resolutions, and I intend to keep my 2012 resolution too.  What is it? This:

My 2012 New Year's resolution is to start preparing lunch at home each morning and taking it to work with me, rather than buying my lunch which I probably do 4 out of 5 days a week.  However, I have a long-standing lunch date with my BFF, so I will allow myself one bought lunch per week.

I've already been dreaming of shreded turkey, colby cheese, lite mayo & lettuce sandwiches (washed down with an antihistamine to counteract my newly developed allergy to boring old lettuce).  Yum!  In fact, if I had the ingredients here, I'd make one right now.



It might sound simple to some, but I'll have to break some pretty serious habits to get this one cracking. For example, I'll have to have groceries in the house AND will have to get out of bed earlier each day (except Thursday). Yikes!

Thats me...what are you resolutions for 2012?

3 comments:

  1. My resolution for 2012 is to hope that all my predictions for the year are wrong and have a well trained and loveable puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for a well trained and loveable puppy!

    And have a fantastic year.


    Cheers
    Yvonne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aunty, I've been working on this one - and I have only purchased one lunch out of the last 2 weeks at work! Proud of me?

    Love and Hugs!
    J

    ReplyDelete