Monday, November 21, 2011

"Meet Me" - The blogger behind this blog

My blogging idol and dear twitter friend @loveyourcake had a brainwave, and that was to encourage other bloggers to do a post called "Meet Me". Here's Cakey's Meet Me blog: http://bit.ly/vc3Gf8

Accordingly, here's a little glimpse into my "real" life.

Let's see, I might start with stuff you've already garnered from previous blog posts:
  • I'm a New Zealander, but lived in Australia for 7 wonderful years
  • I am the smothering mother of one extraordinary fluffy white cat who is the absolute love of my life
  • I love public speaking, Princess Diana and Instagram
  • I was at a brothel on the day of 9/11
  • I've been on a date with Tom Cruise
  • And, I can't sleep with one foot hanging over the edge of the bed for fear of the crocodile who lives under the bed eating my foot during the night. I even tried last night, and lasted about 5 seconds before I had to retrieve my foot from certain doom
Now that you can see that I am completely sane, I'll present you with some pictures of my life.


I have a Velma Dinkley fetish,
and go out dressed up as her about twice a year.


Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Hollywood - My right hand is
EXACTLY the same size as Marilyn Monroes!




My other alter-ego is "Sista Mary Speights" and often I can be found out on the town in a full habit. This picture was taken last month on a temporary ice rink brought into the city during the Rugby World Cup.




My adorable cat LOVES going for walks on his lead. He chooses where we go, and I just follow along (sometimes at pace if he's cantering in order to feel the breeze flowing through his whiskers).




Grandma's piano at my place. My most beloved possessions sit on top of it. I don't play as often as I should. I must remedy that soon.



I took up Tap Dancing several years ago, as I didn't learn to tap as a child. This is me treading the boards last week as a haggard housewife (middle of picture, holding a black cat) in the dance school's end of year recital.

So, there you have it...a photographic insight into the real me (a costume-loving, tap-dancing, crazy cat lady whose right hand is exactly the same size as Marilyn Monroes and who doesn't play the piano as often as she should).

PS. My right hand slid into Marilyn's hand print as though I'd made it myself. My left hand didn't fit as well in her hand print, but I can't remember if mine was smaller or larger than hers. I'll have to pop back to Hollywood to find out, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. hahahah!!! the cat leash!! date with tom cruise?!?! YOU MUST BLOG ABOUT THAT NOW!!! aww thank you for doing this!! I LOVE it!!! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tom Cruise date blog is titled "Some Facts About Me". I blogged about it earlier this month ;)

    ReplyDelete